High Demand Occupations May Be the Perfect Jobs For You

Jocelyn, Staff Writer

Have you ever questioned your future path, and what you could work hard at in order to make a wealthy living? Perhaps you have dreamt with high hopes to one day work in a superior office, on the high floor of a building in New York City? Or, on the other hand, maybe you envision yourself having the potential to rescue sea turtles on a peaceful beach in Florida?

Deciding which careers to pursue may become very stressful and challenging, especially since your college choice may be impacted by your career interest.  Luckily, this article will provide guidance in choosing your future occupations, or simply help to narrow your list of interests and options if you are looking to find a career in a high-demand field. With that being said, here are five rather decent-paying and popular occupations that are on high demand, and may set you up for a successful, tranquil eternity.

A Marine Biologist:

First off, I just want to put it out there that I personally desire to possibly pursue this career once I’m in college, so I may be a tad bit biased here. Although, whether I lean towards one side or not for a job, this is a beneficial study within the science field for the entire living population of animals, plants, and especially oceanic life. In a basic explanation, marine biology is defined as the study of organisms in the marine biosphere, including their natural behaviors, along with how they interact with the environment around them, such as other species of fish or coral reefs for possible habitats. This is an immensely broad field, and therefore, it is ordinary for these upcoming scientists to study fields including biological oceanography, along with physical, chemical, and geological oceanography. Given these various choices of careers, most marine biologists will decide on a certain topic of interest and pursue this form of research. Within these studies include many specializations, which is what particular fields are called, and many are based upon which species, groups, behaviors, or techniques you aspire to study more deeply. For example, molecular biology is associated with marine biologists. This structure of research may be taken advantage of through studies of coastal marshes; depths of the oceans; and multiple organisms, especially fish, coral, crustaceans, plants, and viruses. Marine biology is essential to advancing in our environmental well-being because exploring more oceanic geography allows more production for water, shelter, and food, absolutely given the advance in modern technology.

An Environmental Consultant:

In a simple overview, this career consists of conducting environmental assessments, given your specific technical sophistication or scientific background. This is legitimately proven to highly benefit private and public companies, whether this is accomplished through processing a court case, or perhaps if a corporation offers to purchase a land development that is required to be assessed, of course, by them. Additionally, they can conduct surveys of fields or sites that need to prepare for construction, and analyze conditions and quantities of pollution and contamination within an environment of interest or concern. Other duties of an environmental consultant are controlling waste maintenance policies, addressing legislative obstacles with their clients, conducting air assessments, and more, rather minor, tasks.

A Biotechnology Specialist:

Beneath the umbrella (more often than not) of marine biology, biotechnology specialists can work under several sub-fields, including being a clinical data specialist, who collaborates with varying departments in order to document, design, implement and finally test clinical data studies. Or, perhaps a regulatory affairs specialist, one which prepares for submission several document packages as a means of later delivering them to internal audits, regulatory agencies, along with inspections. These people, more specifically, combine all necessary materials for license renewals, submissions, along with annual registrations. The overall definition of this biology specialization is the use of organisms, biological procedures, or systems in order to manufacture products that may improve the quality of life. For example, this career dates back to farmers developing improved species of animals and plants by cross-breeding and cross-pollination. For the majority of the time, adults working at this career for approximately ten years or more move on to a different job to pursue.

A Software Developer:

First off, in general, these employees mainly spend their days cultivating flowcharts in order to provide guidance for programmers who are writing computer code. Flow charts are basically formed by a sequence of movements illustrated in a diagram. These diagrams, otherwise, provide ideas ranging from applications enabling employees and customers to fulfill specific tasks, to underlying systems controlling networks or running devices. Although it may sound easy, in order to become a software developer, you have to put perspiration and effort towards taking multiple steps for this goal. For instance, the first thing includes completing a formal education. Once you are taking college courses, it is essential to mainly aim for majoring in mathematics, computer science, and software engineering. On the other hand, while in high school or college, students may consider taking an internship. Eventually, after certification, continuing to attend conferences, and providing your best efforts, you will most definitely be rewarded with a happy graduation!

A Lawyer:

Lawyers are known by multiple names, such as attorneys, solicitors, advocates, or barristers. They are advocates, yet all the while advising for their clients in need. These persuaders either represent the group filing a lawsuit, or, on the other hand, the party defending the potential charge. There are mainly two categories of attorneys, including litigation attorneys and transactional attorneys. Starting with the first type of attorney, these people advocate for clients struggling over legal disputes, being resolved through lawsuits, negotiated settlement, or mediation. On the other hand, transactional attorneys (otherwise known as transactional lawyers) commonly sort out and structure business transactions, write documents for transactions, supervise and draft legal documents (such as escrow trust agreements), console clients, and make official and submit materials to people of government. Although this job requires a complete education and full four years in part-time law school at the least, this is definitely an occupation worth trying out if you are interested in law.

Overall, I truly hope that this helped you clear up confusion over specific occupations and decreased your stress levels about potential future colleges, careers, and general life paths. But, most importantly, whatever you choose to fulfill as a grown-up, remember that it is all about your happiness, your passions, and wanting to pursue positive qualities in life.